To place an item on the Planning Commission's agenda, submit it to the Director of Planning, Building and Technology John Hanson (email)
by 5 p.m., 2 Fridays before the meeting.
The Planning Commission's meetings are aired on Channel 2, the Town's information channel. Additionally, the meetings are open to the public and all interested parties are urged to attend.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Planning Commission consists of 9 Town residents who are appointed by Town Council to 4-year terms.
- Frank Berry, Chairman
- Jarret Harrelson, Vice-Chair
- Brian A. Amick
- J. T. Stephenson, III
- Roscoe Caughman
- Jamie Fite
- S.H. "Sammy" Hendrix
- Jeannie Michaels
- Joe Robertson
The Planning Commission is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Regularly updating the Town's Comprehensive Plan
- Reviewing site plans for residential and commercial development
- Making a recommendation to Town Council about:
- Amendments to any of the Town's land-use ordinances
- Planned Developments
- Road reclassifications
- The zoning district and road classification of a parcel upon annexation