Sanitation: Garbage & Recycling Information
The Town provides residential garbage collection. If you have issues with collection please contact Town Hall at 803-359-1027.
Roll carts, recycle bins and yard debris need to be out on the curb by 7 a.m.
Grass, leaves, pine straw, etc should be bagged. Limbs should be no longer than 4 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter. If they are not in compliance, the garbage collector will leave a red tag on one of the limbs.
Please note that the Town is no longer providing free yard debris bags.
Cardboard boxes go out with yard debris. The boxes need to be broken down with no garbage in them.
The following items are recycled:
- Newspapers and magazines less than 1 inch thick
- Aluminum, metal cans and lids
- Any cardboard or box not waxed or plastic coated
- Plastic bottles and jugs 1 through 7 (no bottles used for motor oil)
- Office paper and junk mail
The Town uses a recycling collection method called co-mingling that puts all materials into the same truck for sorting at the Material Recovery Facility. Please do not use plastic bags or ties for items in the recycling bin.
- Pickup of large appliances (refrigerator, freezer, etc.) is done on the second Wednesday of the month. Residents need to call us at least 2 days prior to that day to schedule a pickup.
- Other significant items such as furniture or lawnmowers can be collected on regular pickup days. Please notify this office when large items will be placed on the street for collection.
- The holiday collection schedule will be posted in The State newspaper and on this website.
- No recycling or yard debris pickup is provided to commercial establishments.
- There is no pickup of construction materials (even residential materials like carpet, bricks, concrete, automotive parts, tires, rims, boards, wood, etc.).
If you have any questions, call 803-359-1027, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.